Date: January 3, 2004 
Location:  St Francis Yacht Club Board Room 9:30 10:45 am 
Members Present:  Randy Paul, Eden Kim, Bruce Stone, Cindy Surdez, Tom Struttmann

1.   Minutes / Fleet Articles : Posted on website amendments were adopted Cindy will update Articles

2.   Treasury Report: $7,000 in checking account. 45 Boats registered. Randy and Tom to contact 15 remaining to confirm. Stewart to register a total of 51 ASAP Fleet dues payable 1/1/04.

3.   Confirm appointment of assistant positions

3.1.  Social Chair Eden and Tom will recruit

3.2.  YRA coordinator Eden to confirm Don Weineke

3.3.  Mid Season BBQ Coordinator Eden and Tom to recruit

4.   2004 Schedule / Action Items

4.1.  Confirm Regular Season Eden to check with Denis George on Aldo dates

4.2.  Weigh in Regattas SOD,PCC Albert Simpson, BBS, Cindy to update

4.3.  YRA Add TYC race May 22, Change SYC date, confirm Knox, Coordinate with Latitude 38

4.4.  Fleet performance Seminar March 20-21 see details below

4.5.  Mid Season BBQ TYC May 22 Eden and Tom to recruit coordinator

4.6.  Svendesn dock Party May 15 Randy to coordinate

4.7.  Tinsely Island Rally Recruit Brian Mullen Chair Tom to recruit and liaison

4.8.  Tide Talk Bruce and Eden to coordinate Tim Russell speaker?

5.   Rules/ Performance Seminar Bruce Stone

5.1.  March 19th Rules Seminar StFYC inform club of potential extra people

5.2.  March 20,22 Content to be determined on the water video discussed Bruce to finalize and recruit volunteers to assist.

6.   Other Items

6.1.  Annual Fleet Meeting Tom to propose dates and finalize through quick poll

6.2.  Annual Awards presentation Bruce and Randy to determine venue and theme

6.3.  T Shirt Sales Excom believe we need to market Fleet through t-shirts, logo wear, etc but do not want to get involved in orders, inventory etc. Bruce Stone mentioned a vendor we could use if we have logo files need to coordinate fleet discount. Bruce to contact and provide information on Vendor to Cindy to publish on website.

6.4.  Website Budget - $650 approved projects to include 1) consolidated e-mail list currently 3 and moving off podell 2) moving all fleet records on line (digital vault) 3) Video clips promote fleet video, technical changes e.g. new traveler arrangement other technical changes 4)_ Forum is underutilized need to promote 5) home page re-design 6) Content refreshed 90 days 7) make self service through publishing tools etc.

6.5.  Season video excom approved $500 to create a season video. Eden Kim to coordinate.

6.6.  New Boat Welcome Eden and Bruce to recruit volunteers and coordinate development and implementation of process. Clarify local national rules, float line, check out boats etc.

6.7.  Fleet Skills Mentoring program topics discussed to improve overall fleet performance and capability no conclusions need to address through e-mail and future excom meetings.

6.8.  Leadership- Excom needs to involve and recruit members to serve on future excom including past excom Pat Benedict, Gary Kneeland and others. Also need to mentor support for website to provide continuity and share the load

6.9.  Fleet RC volunteers Need to support RC efforts

6.10. Excom member participation Randy to engage Rob Cooper and Chris Perkins Race / Chair is key.




Tom Struttmann

Fleet One Secretary



Web site developed by Montclare Technologies, Inc. and maintained SFJ105Webmaster.
© copyright 2000, 2001, 2002 San Francisco J-105 Fleet Owners Association. All rights reserved.
The J-105 logo and name are the registered trademark of J/Boats, Inc.
The contact, email and owner and associate member information are confidential and intended solely for use by members and associates of the SFJ105 Fleet One and Website and are not to be used for any commercial purposes or solicitations.