|Fleet One Annual Meeting October 23, 2003 6:00 – 8:00 PM Ward Room St Francis Yacht Club|
Agenda of Business Items discussed
Election of Excom
Call to Order. 2003
It was determined that a quorum existed for the meeting with 26 members present either in person or by proxy out of 51 eligible votes
· Adoption of 2002 minutes with 10.6 amended to include 89 SM. Motion passed unanimously.
· 2003 Finances Report: Income - $7,225 dues, $200 tactics seminar. Expenses $1325 National dues, Website $750, Midseason party $300 music, $200 transportation, annual awards and perpetual trophy $4,000, “Lat 38 J105 Ad $500, Lead $100, zero balance. Report is available from Excom.
· 2004 Fleet Dues. The fleet members discussed raising dues to cover increasing costs and ensure an adequate reserve is maintained to cover sponsored events. Others argued to keep dues as low as possible. A compromise was reached resulting in a nominal increase. The fleet unanimously approved dues $150, plus and additional $25 for each co-owner excluding spouse due (two owner pays $175, three owners $200) December 15th 2003. Excom to assign penalty for dues received after December 15th 2003 Associate dues $25. Passed unanimously.
· Fleet voted to include B Season again for 2004 and agreed to review it at the end of the 2004 season
· Vote on whether to allow one Group 2 to race. The fleet discussed merits of amending section 12.5 of the Fleet 1 Articles that determines sailor eligibility for Championship events. The proposed changes would allow for more eligible sailors to race. On the other hand problems involved in getting professional sailors involved and the changes this brings for the fleet were discussed. A motion to leave Section 12.5 as it is today with the exception of reliance of ISAF Classifications instead of RRS classifications from 2004 on passed unanimously.
· B season to allow one Group 2 or 3. A motion to include one category 2 or 3 crew members passed unanimously. A motion to remove the weight restrictions for B season passed unanimously. A motion to allow only tagged or measured and approved sails passed unanimously.
· Expansion of Excom by one member to share responsibilities. This motion was approved unanimously.
· Discussion to change section 10.2 regarding use of spinnakers. A motion to allow multiple changes in spinnakers during a race was proposed. It did not pass. No change to the present language of Section 10.2.
2004 Season Championship Schedule – 25% throw outs
§ The fleet discussed the merits of including or dropping NOOD in the championship schedule. The discussion lasted over 40 minutes with differing views including Aldo as an obligation our fleet has, in a way a “sailing community give back”, feelings that “NOOD has offered too little too long” and “ lets dump them before they dump us” along with a strong interest to profile the J105 in national events like NOOD. A motion to exclude NOOD from the championship schedule passed 13 in favor 11 opposed.
· All other championship events proposed passed unanimously
· Pat Benedict chaired a discussion following the meeting to establish the B season schedule.
· Bruce Stone will coordinate Rules / Tactics Seminar April 4
2004 YRA Season (B Season) Schedule – 33% throw outs
Election of Excom - The following people were elected
Fleet Dinner and Awards Banquet November 9th. Cost is $25 per person
12:30 Fun race in front of TYC
1:30 Family BBQ TYC
3:30 Awards TYC
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm lasting a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes, the shortest annual meeting in the history of the fleet.
Web site developed by Montclare Technologies, Inc. and maintained SFJ105Webmaster.
© copyright 2000, 2001, 2002 San Francisco J-105 Fleet Owners Association. All rights reserved.
The J-105 logo and name are the registered trademark of J/Boats, Inc.
The contact, email and owner and associate member information are confidential and intended solely for use by members and associates of the SFJ105 Fleet One and Website and are not to be used for any commercial purposes or solicitations.